[Adonthell-general] IRC meeting report

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: [Adonthell-general] IRC meeting report
Date: 07 Apr 2002 22:04:51 +0200

For the unfortunate (or the sleepy ;)) who couldn't make it at the IRC
meeting, here's a little report of what has been discussed. IRC logs
should be available on the FTP.

Were here: Kai, Ben, Thorsten and myself. Discussion has not been much
on the game itself, but rather the organisation and stuff around it.

Everybody will agree that it would be truly nice if we had enough people
so the team could work fulltime. This concerns programmers, but mainly
artists.

About programmers, we decided to continue posting some jobs proposal (as
it's that way Thorsten joined us after all!) on sourceforge (we aren't
there anymore but who cares? ;)) and various others places.

We have also searched the web a bit and found several interesting gfx
artists communities, where we could post some jobs. But to get them
interested, we must have something impressive to show them. Although the
website has some very nice graphical content, they must be able to
actually play the game. For this, getting it to run (easily) under
Windows is a priority. And to finish them, we should as well have a
little demo showing the 0.4 engine capabilities. Once we have that, we
should successfully be able to reach these people. The same applies for
programmers who aren't used to open source and in-development stuff
(that is, Windows programmers). We'll be much more successfull in
convincing them to join us if we proove them we already have done some
stuff, and that the future is very very promising. So, getting Waste's
Edge and 0.4 engine to work under Windows is mandatory. A few gfxs to
demonstrate the next map engine would be great too.

Maybe we could try to get another musician, although we had no problems
with getting music so far! :) What do you think about it ZT?

So to resume, the ideal Adonthell team would have 2 or 3 more gfx
artists, 2 more programmers and maybe 1 extra musician. If we can get
such a team, we'll be *much* more efficient, indeed.

Discussion has also turned arounds ways to get Adonthell T-Shirts :)
While this subject is not very serious, there are interesting
perspectives.

http://www.cafepress.com let us produce and sell T-Shirts at no cost for
us. And each time an item is sold, we can get a few bucks. This is
interesting, because we also talked about the next meeting. It would be
interesting to get people outside of Europe to come, so if we can have a
little fund for this, this would be great. Of course, our audience isn't
large and fanatic enough to buy stuff from us - but maybe later we could
sell T-shirts, and others stuffs. CDs containing our games and extra
bonuses could make it too.

That's about all, I think. If I forgot something, feel free to mention
it! :)
Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org