The Wizard [Was: Re: [Adonthell-general] IRC Meeting - when?]

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: The Wizard [Was: Re: [Adonthell-general] IRC Meeting - when?]
Date: 07 Apr 2002 22:23:26 +0200

le dim 07-04-2002 à 20:42, Joseph Toscano a écrit :
> Alex wrote:
> > Alex (who wanna some fresh Zhaymusic! - The Wizard is being looped in my
> > XMMS list since too many time :p)
>
> Actually, the sequel to The Wizard (entitled "The Apprentice") is currently
> in the works. I'm devoting all of my music time to that tune. It's sounding
> pretty good, too! I'm eager to finish it. >D

Woohoo! :) Glad to hear that. This gives me the occasion to talk you
about something else we discussed during the meeting. I've found that
some parts of The Wizard would be *great* in Adonthell. Parts I'm
especially thinking about are:

1:44 - 3:13 would make a great forest music. Maybe as the first music
you'd get when playing Raveneye.
4:19 - 6:15 as a generic map music, just like the last one you did.
Great drums, great rythm!
7:45 - 8:50 this one is the most obvious. Imagine a peacefull village
with people going to their occupations during a sunny day. Village tunes
are usually quite special (at least in the FFs I've played) because they
have to be relaxing and joyfull and this one is definitely the best I've
ever heard of this kind!

I don't know whether you'd want these musics to make it into Adonthell.
Maybe you don't want to mix your different works, or maybe they were
already intented for something else. I personally think, that they are
great material that should be used. Moreover, that would provide us a
considerable amount of new material for very little price, as they are
already done (maybe they'd need to be slightly modified so they can
loop, and the 7:45 - 8:50's beginning (when the emotion rises) should
maybe be lengthened, because that'd be the main part of this song). The
Wizard is definitely my favorite of all your musics. I'm sure I'm not
alone in this case. It would kick ass in a game!

And to join my previous mail back, here is an idea for the little demo
we could make to attract artists: A little village (that would make it
in 0.4 final) with Python driven NPCs, the new map engine, this famous
music (I love it so much) as background, and some nice effects like a
reflecting water fountain and stuff like that. Possibly demonstrating
too the new window system with a bit of inventory. The most polished
possibly graphically. The most polished musically too, as I can't think
of a best music for such a scene. Nothing really playable of course, but
something any artist can't be insensible to. This would make a hit, me
says! (and make our team grow for sure!) :)

Alex. (anxiously waiting for ZT's opinion ;))
--
http://www.gnurou.org