[Adonthell-general] Brief meeting summary

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Brief meeting summary
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 19:38:56 +0200

Sadly, this year's summer meeting is over. We had a really great time,
and although we didn't get too much work done, we have discussed lots
about v0.4 and beyond. Each of us will write down part of it in detail
and post it to the list for further discussion. So more info about the
new mapengine, combat, game controls, the 'Book' (inventory, stats,
journal, loading+saving, options, ...) and the 0.4 plot will follow
ASAP. As Alex, Ben and Nils are working over the next month(s), their
part may take a little longer finish.

Also to come are documentation for graphics artists and guidelines for
dialogue and plot design. The windows port will be delayed until a first
version of the gfx docu is available. As it is mainly meant to attract
more artists, we thought it would be sensible to wait for that.

The 0.3.3 release will also incorporate a vast speed improvement to
allow smoother gameplay on low end PCs and Handhelds like the Zaurus.

During this week I'll implement a "developer's diary" for the website.
Each developer should regularly post what he's been doing or plans to
do, or just that he's been too busy to do anything. That way we (and
others) can keep better track of the progress we make. Basically it's a
newslist for development related stuff, a little like the .plan files
some other developers have.

Unfortunately, there were a few things we couldn't get done.
There are still some bugs in the windows version (fullscreen mode
segfaults) and we haven't updated the mainland map.

I imagine that James will do an article for the website, which also
deals with our non-adonthell related activities. Some photos should be
available soon as well.

And finally, for next year we'd like to have an Adonthell work camp,
where we discuss less and get more stuff done. Not sure if we'll manage
that, but we'll try for sure. :)

Anyway, so much for now. Stay tuned for more details.