Re: [Adonthell-general] adonthell test-data is not honoring adonthell.xm

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] adonthell test-data is not honoring adonthell.xml
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 10:15:33 +0200

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM, shirish शिरीष <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Shirish!

> I just installed and while I'm able to run adonthell in full-screen
> neither does the esc key work nor the fullscreen configuration as it
> is in the ~/.adonthell/adonthell.xml

The configuration file is now kept in
~/.config/adonthell/adonthell.xml to comply with Freedesktop.org path
specification:

http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html

Especially the following paragraphs

There is a single base directory relative to which user-specific
configuration files should be written. This directory is defined by
the environment variable $XDG_CONFIG_HOME. [...] If $XDG_CONFIG_HOME
is either not set or empty, a default equal to $HOME/.config should be
used.

It's implemented here:

https://github.com/ksterker/adonthell/blob/master/src/base/paths.cc#L107

I didn't care about the old $HOME/.adonthell/ config directory, as 0.4
is still not officially released. So it is left there jf you used an
older version, but no longer used.