Re: [Adonthell-general] adonthell test-data is not honoring adonthell.xm

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] adonthell test-data is not honoring adonthell.xml
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 13:36:59 +0200

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 11:25 AM, shirish शिरीष <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanx for clearing that up. Now the windowing works but the 'D' button
> still does the refreshing/repainting. It basically goes into a loop
> and have to kill it via grepping.

'D' always did this. Pressing 'D' again should return it to normal
mode after the render_queue has been processed.

CTRL+D might have stopped it, I guess. Probably while the shell from
which it was started has the focus.

Btw., the 'd_button' in the configuration has nothing to do with the
'D' key on the keyboard. It's just a button of an internal virtual
input device (with 4 directional and 4 generic buttons a, b, c, d) to
which physical keyboard or gamepad controls can be mapped (In your
example the ESC key). As explained in the README
(https://github.com/ksterker/adonthell/blob/master/README#L53),
buttons a to c have a specific meaning in the game, but not yet d. If
I am not completely mistaken, assigning anything to button_d will have
no effect right now.

> Even the ALT+F4 combo does not work (for quitting windows).

We do not handle ALT+F4 specifically, so it might depend on the window
manager used whether or not it closes a program. Maybe it's also
something that's built into Gnome or KDE applications, but Adonthell
is neither.