Re: [Adonthell-general] adonthell test-data is not honoring adonthell.xm

From: shirish शिरीष
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] adonthell test-data is not honoring adonthell.xml
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 20:49:50 +0530

in-line :-

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 11:25 AM, shirish शिरीष <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Thanx for clearing that up. Now the windowing works but the 'D' button
>> still does the refreshing/repainting. It basically goes into a loop
>> and have to kill it via grepping.

No it doesn't. It just is in constant loop.

> 'D' always did this. Pressing 'D' again should return it to normal
> mode after the render_queue has been processed.

Again no here.

> CTRL+D might have stopped it, I guess. Probably while the shell from
> which it was started has the focus.

Do you mean CTRL+D should quit the game. If you meant that then tried
that it doesn't do that.

> Btw., the 'd_button' in the configuration has nothing to do with the
> 'D' key on the keyboard. It's just a button of an internal virtual
> input device (with 4 directional and 4 generic buttons a, b, c, d) to
> which physical keyboard or gamepad controls can be mapped (In your
> example the ESC key). As explained in the README
> (https://github.com/ksterker/adonthell/blob/master/README#L53),
> buttons a to c have a specific meaning in the game, but not yet d. If
> I am not completely mistaken, assigning anything to button_d will have
> no effect right now.
>

>> Even the ALT+F4 combo does not work (for quitting windows).
>
> We do not handle ALT+F4 specifically, so it might depend on the window
> manager used whether or not it closes a program. Maybe it's also
> something that's built into Gnome or KDE applications, but Adonthell
> is neither.

Right.

As of right now, the only way to close the game I am using is :-

$ ps aux | grep test
shirish  14012  6.1  0.9 345296 19852 pts/2    Sl+  20:52   0:05
/home/shirish/games/adonthell/adonthell-build/test/.libs/lt-worldtest
-g ../../adonthell/test data
shirish  14107  0.0  0.0   6156   340 pts/0    R+   20:54   0:00 grep test

$ sudo kill -9 14012

(This on another tab/virtual shell whatever).

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल