ayttm-devel

Re: [Ayttm-devel] log files

From: Colin Leroy
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-devel] log files
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 22:46:02 +0100

On 05 Mar 2003 at 00h56, Philip S Tellis wrote:

hi,

> maybe log files should have .html extension so that they can be opened
> in a browser as well.

Maybe, but they can be opened by a browser anyway - only not via nautilus
or such :) That's not very important imho (breaks compatibility once more
for a very little usefulness - and I don't like having to code hacks for
backward compatibility when it isn't /necessary/)...

> Also, for chatrooms, each participant should be in a different colour.
> what algo do we use to figure out that colour?

Maybe we could use a palette of N colors and participants would get
color[order_of_arrival % N] ? (with N = 10 or so, or we won't be able to
really differentiate colors)

what do you think ?
--
Colin