ayttm-devel

Re: [Ayttm-devel] log files

From: Philip S Tellis
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-devel] log files
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 15:13:00 +0530 (IST)

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Colin Leroy wrote:

> Yes, that may be a problem... How did you solve it for simple chats ?
> Maybe the same thing is applicable for group chat, except we'll need
> 10+10 colors instead of 1+1.

well, meredyyd had used a simple method of increasing fg intensity if bg
and fg were dark or decreasing if both were light.  I modified it to use
two thresholds for lightness and darkness.  The specific shades were
also chosen based on how the human eye percieves chances and difference
in r g and b (we are more sensitive to changes in r than in b).

--
Law of Procrastination:
        Procrastination avoids boredom; one never has