ayttm-devel

Re: [Ayttm-devel] log files

From: Tahir Hashmi
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-devel] log files
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 12:34:13 +0530

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 12:08:44 +0530 (IST)
Philip S Tellis wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Tahir Hashmi wrote:
>
> > How about always specifying background color also?
>
> very bad idea.  actually, forcing colours is always a bad idea because
> it means the user cannot choose his own colours for his system.  we

Well, we can't assume that the user will be using a theme with a light
background either (LCARS, for example). That's the most probable
reason why the CSS validator at w3c.org issues warnings whenever you
specify a foreground color without specifying a background color.

--
Tahir Hashmi (VSE, NCST)
http://staff.ncst.ernet.in/tahir

We, the rest of humanity, wish GNU luck and Godspeed