ayttm-devel

Re: [Ayttm-devel] Prefs window

From: Andy
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-devel] Prefs window
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 14:00:37 -0100

On Saturday 22 March 2003 11:22, Colin Leroy wrote:
> On 22 Mar 2003 at 11h54, Andy wrote:
> > So, before I dive in, do you have any objections and/or suggestions?
>
> You probably will have to reorganize the modules list, else it will
> probably be too large.

I'm not sure I see what you're talking about here - what will be too large?
The window?

For modules, I would have something like:
  Services
      |- Jabber
      |- MSN
      |- Yahoo
  Utilities
      |- Auto-translate
      |- Rainbow

> Let's hope it'll be stable ;-)

That's the goal of course!  :-)

> PS: would be nice if you removed your reply-to (useless as it is the same
> as from), i almost answered privately once more ;)

Done [I think].

Now, as I'm looking at pref stuff...  it would be nice if prefs_window could
move into the gtk dir.  To do this, I think prefs.[ch] should have a struct
containing the prefs which it can pass to the window's constructor [sorry,
C++ speak :-)].  E.G. in prefs.h:

struct prefs
{
        int             do_login_on_startup;
        int             do_ayttm_debug;
        int             do_ayttm_debug_html;
};

Then prefs.c has the one global instance and the prefs window can be totally
independent.  It also eliminates the
do_login_on_startup/do_login_on_startup_old stuff because we can just copy
the struct.

The one issue I see with this immediately is the GdkDeviceKey we use for the
accelprev and next, but that can be sorted out somehow...

Comments/suggestions?

Andy