ayttm-devel

Re: [Ayttm-devel] Prefs window

From: Andy
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-devel] Prefs window
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 13:33:46 -0100

On Saturday 22 March 2003 15:03, Edward L. Haletky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We do have one third party module. It is an encryption module. I think
> that the module path should be settable by an env var or at the very
> least modifiable on installation not build. I am 'reporting' to windoze

Is it acceptable to everyone if I remove it from the interface, but allow the
setting of 'modules_path' in the prefs file?  It's just a colon-separated
list of paths.

> If you change the 'prefs' window please make it a compile time option as
> the older one does work on other platforms and I am not so sure about
> any newer ones. Just a thought.

[Aside: Just curious - what are the 'other platforms'?  Does Ayttm actually
work on Windows? :-)]

Well, it's not easy to make it a compile time option.  What I've done is
created a 'new_prefs' branch for me to work on this because there are many
changes to pref handling.

I see this as a two-stage thing:
        1) make underlying changes to clean up the way prefs are read, set, and
written
        2) change the interface

Once (1) is in a reasonable state, I will ask people to look it over.  Then I
can merge that in and move on to (2).  At that point [since you volunteered
:-)] you can check it on the 'other platforms'.

That OK with everyone?

Andy