ayttm-devel

Re: [Ayttm-devel] Prefs window

From: Andy
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-devel] Prefs window
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 16:04:16 -0100

On Saturday 22 March 2003 13:56, Philip S Tellis wrote:
> Sometime Today, Andy assembled some asciibets to say:
> > About the modules prefs - does the end user [or anyone for that
> > matter] really need to set module paths and 'Rescan'?
>
> well, there's a chance that the modules got installed in some other
> place, or, in the future, with third party modules, they may always be
> installed in a different place.  Having multiple paths would be
> necessary.

Well this seems a little 'over-designed' IMHO.  We get the default module path
through the defaults.h file which is generated when we configure ayttm, so
having them installed in another place can be done at the configure stage,
no?  With respect to 3rd party modules - we don't have any right now and I
don't see anything wrong with specifying what directory they must go in.

I guess I'm saying that if we want to allow this flexibility - and I'm not
convinced that we should - it should be in some hidden config file, not in
the interface.  Colin's mom doesn't know or care about paths and rescanning
for modules [at least I don't imagine she does].

> About C++ - the biggest reason for me to move to C++ is that it would
> look good on my resume :D

:-)

Andy