ayttm-devel

Re: [Ayttm-devel] Prefs window

From: Colin Leroy
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-devel] Prefs window
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 18:24:41 +0100

On 22 Mar 2003 at 14h00, Andy wrote:

Hi,

> Then prefs.c has the one global instance and the prefs window can be
> totally independent.  It also eliminates the
> do_login_on_startup/do_login_on_startup_old stuff because we can just
> copy the struct.
>
> The one issue I see with this immediately is the GdkDeviceKey we use for
> the accelprev and next, but that can be sorted out somehow...
>
> Comments/suggestions?

I like my mailer's pref stuff, i find it quite easy to add/remove a pref
with it. Initialisation is done via an array like
 {"do_login_on_startup", PREF_BOOL, FALSE,
        prefs_set_data_from_toggle, prefs_set_toggle},
 {"font_size", PREF_INT, 4,
        prefs_set_data_from_entry, prefs_set_entry},
 {"browser_path", PREF_STRING, "mozilla", &widget,
        prefs_set_data_from_entry, prefs_set_entry}

prefs_set_TYPE are functions initializing widgets when opening the prefs,
prefs_set_data_from_TYPE set the pref from widget when saving it.

--
 "@'/ ,. \`@"   http://www.geekounet.org/