ayttm-devel

Re: [Ayttm-devel] Re: activity window

From: Philip S Tellis
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-devel] Re: activity window
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 21:12:59 +0530 (IST)

Sometime Today, Colin Leroy assembled some asciibets to say:

>    Connecting to Yahoo...
>    [           ---          ]  [ Cancel ]
>    Connecting to AIM...
>    [       ---              ]  [ Cancel ]
>    Sending $File to $Contact...
>    [----------------        ]  [ Cancel ]
>
> etc
> what do you think ?

Yes, I thought about something like that.  We'd add Cancel buttons to
each.

> in fact it would not require so much modifications i think -
> progress_window_new() and _close() only would have to add or remove a
> widget to a bigger window (opened at first progress added, closed when
> last is removed).

Hmm... not sure how we can add widgets at runtime.  Since gtk requires
all widgets to be placed inside packing boxes, and the size of the
packing box is specified when we create it.

Well, I'll play around with it anyway.  Need to learn some more gtk.

Philip