ayttm-devel

Re: [Ayttm-devel] Re: activity window

From: Colin Leroy
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-devel] Re: activity window
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:47:06 +0100

On 23 Mar 2003 at 17h24, Edward L. Haletky wrote:

Hi,

> I am about 'THAT' close to having AYTTM re-ported to WIN32.
> EB was working fine. Just a few things to remember. The Win32
> port uses the same code base as the standard AYTTM. Please note that
> anywhere there is a inclusion for socket headers there is a windows
> header to include as well. Any of the files with an ifdef __MINGW32__
> has the proper header files already.

Ok, fine. I'm not sure i'll think about it when including new things but
i'll try.

> Windoze is really braindead and

I know :)

> missing quite a lot of pretty standard UNIX features unfortunately. :(

> I will be happy to fix anything in this port, etc. Email the devel list
> or email me directly.

You should read the -user list, bugs will probably show up there.

> Colin, I will make install images to put on the site. Any particular
> location?

It's not in the web itself, has to be uploaded via scp (read savannah's
faq about "how do i upload files to my download area" or something like
that, i'm having DNS problems right now).

> Also, I will have to update the 'features' to comment what is
> avail in windoze and what is not.

> Anything else I forgot?
>
> Not sure why but the ChangeLog is not updating with my changes for this.
> I assume it does this automagically?

No you have to do it by hand (configure.in too) and commit it :)

PS: Could you remove your reply-to when posting to the list ? it makes my
mailer try to reply privately instead of to the list, and it's useless as
it's the same as your From...
--
Colin
"If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kickboxing."