ayttm-devel

[Ayttm-devel] Re: activity window

From: Colin Leroy
Subject: [Ayttm-devel] Re: activity window
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 10:28:51 +0100

On 23 Mar 2003 at 12h41, Philip S Tellis wrote:

Hi,

> > I don't like the activity window as it is used now. It will be fine
> > when connecting to a remote host for file transfer or
> > webcam,voice,netmeeting invitation, for example, but it shouldn't be
> > used when signing on: either it is as now - "signing on Yahoo..." and
> > people will wonder "why
>
> Well, currently it's proof of concept - shouldn't make it to release as
> it is.

ok

> IMO, it should be there for all accounts.  See the way gaim does it.

I never looked at gaim :) something like a download manager ? that would
be ok...

   Connecting to Yahoo...
   [           ---          ]
   Connecting to AIM...
   [       ---              ]
   Sending $File to $Contact...
   [----------------        ]

etc
what do you think ?

in fact it would not require so much modifications i think -
progress_window_new() and _close() only would have to add or remove a
widget to a bigger window (opened at first progress added, closed when
last is removed).

Comments ?
--
Colin