bontz-team

Re: [Bontz-team] fish monger

From: Chuck
Subject: Re: [Bontz-team] fish monger
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 09:55:09 -0500

so how big do you want this guy?
i sort of picture it as having a single sprite with the full animatiion of
the fish flopping in the basket...and one without...
otherwise you are going to have to have one BIG sprite to allow him to carry
all the fish, or even just one fish.
either that, or maybe shrink down the fish a little?

this guy is going to need a lot of layers if you actually want to combine
two sprites and have the program animate it
we will need a background layer mostly for the basket, a middle layer with
the fish, and then a forground layer to cover everything else up.  currently
i have nothing set up to do multilayer sprites. but i think it is possible.
the hardest part may be hiding the full fish in the middle layer, so it
doesn't poke through the sides of the basket. any ideas?  also i may need a
new format for the info file to allow something like this.

the reason i think we need full animation for all directions is that i
picture using it as a NPC in the game and if we want him to be able to
wonder around, then we are going to need full animation in all directions.
we will probably have to have some sort of fish market.  go to the fish
market buy fish, eat the fish and they return your health?