Re: Fill column indicator functionality

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Fill column indicator functionality
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 21:28:51 +0300

> Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 19:48:57 +0200
> From: Ergus <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> OK, where in the manual do you think I should move this? What section/file?

I think the section "Displaying Boundaries" is a good place, it
currently describes only the fringe indicators of the beginning and
end of the buffer.  Since fill-column indicator is a display feature,
I think this is the right place.  The file to edit is
doc/emacs/display.texi.

Robert suggested to describe this in "Fill Commands", but I think we
should only mention the indicator there, and have a cross-reference to
"Displaying Boundaries", where the full description should live.

An alternative for "Display Boundaries" is "Display Custom", which is
a hodge-podge of display-related customizations.