Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth's panther performance

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth's panther performance
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:57:16 +0200

Hi all,

I should say that I had just started porting to MacOS X but
didn't complete it. I used Apple's ProjectManager instead of
the autotools because it was easier to get started. The hard disk of the
powerbook I used has since crashed and I lost the project file ....

The audio driver definitely needs to be rewritten. I didn't
find the CoreAudio documentation to be very clear so I am not
comfortable with the internals of CoreAudio. However, it should be
possible to use the PortAudio driver, which probably works very well.

There is currently no MacOS X specific midi driver but
Midishare driver should work. I haven't tried it, though, but I
maybe Stephane Letz has some feedback on that.

So PortAudio+Midishare is probably the fastest way to get
FluidSynth running correctly on MacOS X right now.

Cheers,
Peter