[fluid-dev] Re: More on getting FluidSynth/Swami to work on OS X (was fl

From: Josh Green
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: More on getting FluidSynth/Swami to work on OS X (was fluidsynth's panther performance)
Date: 30 Jun 2003 15:10:19 +0200

On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 04:30, Joe Corneli wrote:
> Clavier is infinitely configurable in the sense that you can make any
> key on your computer's keyboard map to any MIDI note.  Your program sounds
> enormously more featureful -- but this simple feature is the one I'm
> most interested in.
>
> Joe

Thats one feature that is lacking with the 0.9.x versions of Swami. I've
thought about that kind of thing for the next version though. It would
be really easy to implement, its just the importance of this feature is
out weighed by other things right now.

BTW, I've been looking into that crunchy coreaudio problem. It sounds to
me kind of like its clipping distortion, but when I turn down the gain
"set synth.gain 0.1" for example, it still sounds distorted. I'm going
to see about capturing some of this audio to try and see whats wrong
with it.
        Josh Green