Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth's panther performance

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth's panther performance
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:53:28 -0500

Thanks for the links to the MidiShare download page.  I don't know
if these links are accessible from the "main page"
www.grame.fr/MidiShare/  -- not transparently (to me) anyway.

Now I'm afraid I am not able to figure out how to _use_ MidiShare now
that I have it installed.  I'm looking for a command like

fluidsynth -a coreaudio -m <midishare-driver> ...

Oh yes, by the way, for one reason or another the portaudio test
maxsines isn't working on my machine now.  Maybe its because I have
10.3 installed, but more likely I've screwed things up in some other way
myself.   I'd be willing to use a crunchy coreaudio rather than a
broken portaudio until something better comes along.

Using Swami sounds like a good option since it does its own midi driving
(I'm assuming that it's keyboard layout is as configurable that of
clavier).  I'd certainly be interested in giving it a try.

Joe