Re: [fluid-dev] New development

From: Bernat Arlandis i Mañó
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] New development
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 01:35:38 +0100

Josh Green escrigué:
On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 22:52 +0100, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
I would like to find more time to work on the PortAudio driver, as it was my plan for ticket #19. I will try, but don't hold your breath.

You are right: there is already a PortAudio driver, but it doesn't compile with PortAudio V19. This version includes ASIO support (Mac OSX and Windows), so we don't need to write another driver for it. Do you agree?

Pedro, I think you didn't like my comment in ticket #19. I thought this ticket was just a heads up so we would know about this broken driver. I didn't know you were interested on this, so please don't take offense because I took for granted that it wasn't important for anybody.

Since you might be working soon on this and have better knowledge, I hope you could answer some questions. Do you think this driver could replace the supported ones without loosing any functionality? If the answer is positive, do you think this could work well?

Bernat Arlandis i Mañó