Re: [fluid-dev] Patch for bad MIDI timing (with large buffer sizes)

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Patch for bad MIDI timing (with large buffer sizes)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 19:43:16 +0100

Antoine Schmitt wrote:
> I did not follow all the discussions about what will be introduced
> when (1.0.9 or 2.0), but I think that whenever the slave timer is
> introduced, the sequencer should be ported to it.

Absolutely agreed.

For the record: the MIDI file player and the MIDI sequencer are two different
interfaces of FluidSynth. They are implemented independently, though the
player could be reworked to use the sequencer as a backend (some day). But
anyway, both functions need to play MIDI events on schedule.

Regards,
Pedro