Re: [fluid-dev] Compiling on Windows - how to use --fast-render?

From: R.L. Horn
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Compiling on Windows - how to use --fast-render?
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 00:27:38 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012, Dr.Leo wrote:

...the linker terminates with errors after generating the dll.a file.

By the way, I believe the pkg-config.pc is not entirely correct apart from the wrong filename (libsndfile instead of libsndfile-1): the '-l' option should arguably be separated from the name: "-l libsndfile-1),

-lARCHIVE is the "orthodox" syntax.

Typically, a DLL file will have a version suffix, but the import library won't. IOW, lib/libsndfile.dll.a will reference bin/libsndfile-1.dll.

It sounds like the real problem is that you have something called pkg-config.pc that should be called sndfile.pc. Or is there something about the mingw development environment that I'm missing?

Below is the transcript post compiling,

It doesn't appear that libsndfile is being linked against at all. Is there anything like "-lsndfile" or "-llibsndfile" in the link.txt files?