Re: [fluid-dev] Compiling on Windows - how to use --fast-render?

From: Dr.Leo
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Compiling on Windows - how to use --fast-render?
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 10:23:20 +0100

Hi,

Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 00:27:38 -0500 (CDT)
From: "R.L. Horn"
<address@hidden>

It sounds like the real problem is that you have something called
pkg-config.pc that should be called sndfile.pc.  Or is there something
about the mingw development environment that I'm missing?

Sorry, my fault. I do have a libsndfile.pc which is in the pkg-config dir. What confuses me that there is the folloing line:

prefix=c:/devel/target/libsndfile

Do I have to adjust the path to my environment? Which one would this be?
block quote
It doesn't appear that libsndfile is being linked against at all.  Is
there anything like "-lsndfile" or "-llibsndfile" in the link.txt files?

No, there isn't, I checked both link.txt files, although I suspect only the one for libfluidsynth rather than fluidsynth is relevant.

Admittedly I have a steep learning curve. But I feel compiling programs with various libraries is one of the more common tasks for someone with somewhat special needs. Any suggestions for reading on how packages are organised etc.? Is it about mingw's linker or cmake or gcc's linker on Linux or something completely different?

Leo