gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Re: GNOME Commander status

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Re: GNOME Commander status
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 01:57:17 +0100

Micha wrote:

F Bookmark icons for ordinary folders in the toolbar (along with devices)
  For workflow it's not important to know if there's a mounting in the
background.
  I like to access a directory, so GCMD please do what's necessary.
  Suggestion:
  Menu entry Settings -> Options -> Devices
  It works already to insert only a directory, and no device, but this by now
causes a mount error.
It would be correct not to add those bookmark icons to the 'Bookmark' menu (superflous).

I think this is better solved by having the
"no mount ("this is a dir")" option on a per
mountpoint basis nsted of globally as it is now.

Since i use supermount i do not have your
problems and can use device icons just like
a bookmark thanks to the "no mount"

##### Context menu ideas (tips&tricks examples for homepage) #####
  o root-viewer = Invoke root terminal -> password -> viewer. For configs and
logs.
o root-editor = similar. Because xauth, maybe terminal editor necessary (e.g. mcedit).

Gnome allredy have that ask-for-password that
pops up when it is needed. I think gcmd can use
that too. But i cannot recall its name.. gsudo
or something like that.