gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Re: GNOME Commander status

From: Micha
Subject: [gcmd-dev] Re: GNOME Commander status
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 08:59:59 +0100

...And please please =)
if you have some spare minutes make the -l -r options work !

For example, i would apply /home and /Image, since i share some
folders with other users which i visit frequently.

At some point in the past, i decided that $HOME (~) will be for user specific
configurations, and really private stuff, only. Nothing in there should ever be
world-readable.

There are huge benefits to share folders for similar kind of work,
like HTML Archives (images, code snippets) or downloaded tech docs.
Well, OTOH that's of course because we have no central server.
We just can sniff into each others computers, in this small 5 home LAN.
But this kind of family or community networks got more common now with
WLAN routers spreading.