Re: [Gnump3d-users] unable to play playlists

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] unable to play playlists
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:23:16 +0000

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 12:18:57PM -0500, Yoav Avitzour wrote:

> I have the following problem - I am able to stream a single file, but
> unable to play a whole directory. Basically, whenever the link is to
> "recurse.m3u" I get nothing. Xmms is trying to open it but I just get a
> "no such file or directory" message.

  if you right-click on the link with your browser and save it to disk
 does it look complete?

  Can you past a sample from that file?  And the contents if any of the
 server's error log?

  I'm assuming you're using the most recent version of the program, 2.9
 and that you're streaming MP3s not OGG vorbis files or anything which
 XMMS might choke over streaming ..

> I tried running with --debug, but I get no debug messages.

  OK that's a good thing to try.

> Generating and playing random lists works with no problem.

  :)

> Any ideas?

  Nothing obvious yet..

Steve