Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: criticism of the new syntax

From: Ildar Mulyukov
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: criticism of the new syntax
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:20:32 +0600

On 20.12.2007 15:11:26, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>>> MyClass category: 'new category' extend [
>>>     "more methods!"
>>> ]
>> Yes, even without the "extend" keyword, that's feasible.
>
> So, if I want to break down a large class into multiple files with each file containing one category, what should I write?

So far, you need to use

MyClass extend [
]

and write the category manually in each method.  Regarding

MyClass category: '...' [
]

I said "it's feasible", and I'll implement it. But not now, it's too late in the release cycle. I'm very sorry for this, it is a valuable addition.

        Hi!
It's better to be named methodsCategory: or methodsWithCategory:

BR. Ildar
--
Ildar  Mulyukov,  free SW designer/programmer
email: address@hidden