Re: LYNX-DEV Optimizing relative URLs

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Optimizing relative URLs
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 09:06:00 -0500 (EST)

  From: address@hidden (David Woolley)

  Klause Weide wrote:

  > (I assume your repeated lookups are taking to long because you are
  > accessing a nameserver over a dialup connection.  This wouldn't
  > affect shell users on multiuser systems, because those systes will
  > presumably have a fast connection to the nearest nameserver.)

  It needn't affect dialup users, as there is nothing that says they
  can't run a local caching nameserver.  I've started doing this because
  nameservice is one of the most overloaded functions at my ISP.

David, would it be easy for you to break out a script fragment
showing how you do this?

Al Gilman
ten-thumbs user
;