Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx updates

From: Drazen Kacar
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx updates
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 21:26:11 +0100 (MET)

Foteos Macrides wrote:
> Wayne Buttles <address@hidden> wrote:
> >[...]
> >> I ran Lynx through Purify and Purify found some memory leaks, but I don't
> >> know where to patch the holes.
> >>

> >One of my semi-working test cases for Lynx on DOS used LYLeaks.  I
> >didn't get a lot of play time with it, but it really looked like it
> >could pinpoint memory leaks pretty well.  Am I off the mark on this one?
>
>       Garrett also added that to the Unix/VMS version of Lynx.  It
> works really well, giving you the module and line number where the
> unfreed allocation was done.  It also diagnoses multiple frees that
> would otherwise cause a segmentation fault for some flavors.

Since memory leaks that Purify can currently find are really minor, I
believe that LYleaks works quite good. And I know how hard it is to fix
those things. From what I've seen, FTP module leaves unfreed memory when
it makes directory listing. And there are some pointer references after the
end of malloc'ed blocks. I could produce full tracebacks if there's anyone
who wants to look at it.

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

address@hidden