Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 on UW 2.03 - Executable problems.

From: Jason Sizemore
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 on UW 2.03 - Executable problems.
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 01:54:53 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 25 Nov 1996, Thanh Ma wrote:

> > > Just try to use /usr/bin/cc and it should link to the the right curses
> > > lib.
> > > ie. no changes need to be made to the original Makefile.
>
> Let's try in the main Makefile, change "CC=cc" to CC="/usr/bin/cc"
> In the WWW/Implementation/Makefile, change the CC = cc" to
> "CC = /usr/bin/cc" to see how it goes.
>
> If you want a UnixWare-2.02 or 2.1 binary then let me know.
>
> Thanh

I did what you told me, and the error I recieved was "/usr/bin/cc" does
not exist." I then changed to "/usr/ucb/cc" and recieved the same error.

That's when I decided to explore the set up of GIANT.NET. "usr/bin/cc"
does exist on the system as well as "/usr/ucb/cc". I then went back to
the Makefile and changed CC to the following: CC="/../../usr/ucb/cc".

It started compiling and returned the same errors as before:

UX:ld:ERROR:lynx: Fatal Error: Symbol referencing errors. No output
written to Lynx.

So, on a whim, I typed "alias" at my unix prompt. I found out that
GIANT.NET's "make" is also aliased at "/usr/bin/make". I went to the top
of the primary Makefile and at the top, I changed "#MAKE = make" to "MAKE
= /usr/bin/make" and removed the `#' sign.

I ran a clean and recompiled and which did not help matters - I still
recieved the same "Symbol Ref" error as above.

If you were to send me a Binary, you would have to sent it to
"address@hidden", however I have experianced problems with this E-Mail
address because I can not forward mail I recieve on my Library account
(which I am using now) to my GIANT.NET mailbox because the Mailer-Daemon
sends it back as "user unknown."

If I was to send mail to my Library account from address@hidden, then I
will recieve it, but even if I reply to it, the Daemon sends it back!

Should I shoot the GIANT's SysAdm's yet?? =)

Good gravy...
Thanks,

 ** Jason Sizemore "Psycho Sy" **
Http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/9480
E-mail: address@hidden OR address@hidden

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

;
;