Re: LYNX-DEV ALIGNment problem

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ALIGNment problem
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 18:28:02 -0500 (EST)

Klaus Weide <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, Foteos Macrides wrote:
>
>>      I don't know what Lynxisms, Netscapisms or whateverisms you
>> are imagining.
>
>Yes, sometimes, it seems I am imagining things... :)
>
>>                Since you've been working with the libwww,
>
>There are parts that I have looked at and think I more or less
>understand, and then there are parts where I have some vague idea
>how they work or what they do, and then there is all that other stuff..
>>                                                            I don't
>> understand why you are still under the illusion that the handling
>> of alignments in the Lynx display is inherited from that (it's
>> "inherited" from my labors during the past 2-3 years 8-).
>
>No doubt about that.  (But I haven't even tried to really understand
>how alignments work, or styles, or...) I wasn't thinking about
>anything HText-ish or HTML.c-ish, but about SGML.c and HTMLDTD.c and
>that there doesn't seem to be a general way to handle optional close
>tags at the level of SGML.c.  (It maybe there, and I have totally
>missed it.)  I thought that would be required to properly "undo" the
>alignment, apparently I was wrong :)
>
>Also I noticed that </P> is treated as <P>.  I imagined that the
>word Lynxism would fit here..
>
>>      Anyway, that alignment glitch is corrected in today's mods.
>
>Great!

        Awh shucks!!  It was a four line tweak and I should of known
it's too simple.  It's also blocking alignment carryover in a number
of circumstances where we don't want it blocked.

        I got rid of the four lines, and re-zipped, so anybody who
got the 13-Dec-96 mods zip before reading this message, get it again.
That glitch has been there for at least 8 months, so it can wait a
bit more to be dealt with properly, and I want to get all the other
neat stuff I did this week field tested.

                                Fote