Re: LYNX-DEV ALIGNment problem

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ALIGNment problem
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 23:20:02 +0000 (GMT)

Klaus Weide wrote:

> that there doesn't seem to be a general way to handle optional close
> tags at the level of SGML.c.  (It maybe there, and I have totally

afaict from my meanderings (and I believe we had a similar discussion
in May/June) there is no way of implying the </p> when you get to the <hr>
currently.  However, I've been working on a table based short-term solution,
which appears to work (reasonably) well when implemented using perl,
so if I get time this weekend, I'll try and code it up in C and integrate
it into Lynx.  Correct handling of optional close tags is vital for
class support on elements (and for handling things like
STYLE:ul.li:bold:green -- look in the archives of the mailing list
for my post about the problems with implementing this support)

ObWeek: Ever had one of *those weeks?  Where everything went wrong?
--
Rob Partington / address@hidden / address@hidden
;