Re: LYNX-DEV How do I get https to work?

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV How do I get https to work?
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 07:53:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Alan Cox wrote:

I'd completely forgotten about the patent issues.  Thanks for pointing
them out Alan.

:ITAR implies a US citizen doing this could probably be locked up for a
:few years on return.

Hmmm, I hadn't read that, no less a person that Bruce Schneier reported
working on something while he was outside the US specifically so that it
wouldn't run across ITAR>

:2.     Rebuild the Source RPM with ssleay built with RSAREF and you can
:       legally use it for non commercial use in the USA

Someone recently told me that ssh was illegal because it called functions
in rsaref that were not released under the rsaref 'educational, da da dee
da' license.

address@hidden  *  Lynx 2.7.1  *  PGP  *  http://www.crl.com/~subir/
Hell hath no fury like a bureaucrat scorned.
                -- Milton Friedman

;
;