Re: LYNX-DEV Anyone using the development version of lynx and a mouse?

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Anyone using the development version of lynx and a mouse?
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 16:11:07 -0400 (EDT)

> From: "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden>
> with ncurses, you have to have the kmous capability defined in the xterm
> description (I noticed & modified the base xterm terminfo description
> recently)
>
> Where can I get your copy of the base xterm terminfo description?  Does
> it apply strictly to xterm, or to rxvt?  Do you have these defined as well?
The "base" description is the unmodified description of xterm in the
terminfo.src file in ncurses.  (Some installers will install one of the derived
flavors, such as xterm-xf86-v32).

> Boolean:
> get_mouse                 getm   Gm       Curses should get button events
that was a typo in someone's draft document, afaik (removed from ncurses
about a year ago).

> Numbers:
> buttons               btns    BT       Number of buttons on the mouse
I don't see this implemented in ncurses.

> Keys:
> mouse_info              minfo   Mi       Mouse status information
> req_mouse_pos           reqmp   RQ       Request mouse position report
nor these - since we've no documentation on how they're used (I did try
to puzzle it out by running a test program, but that was a while ago)

(Someone claimed that these were for an obsolete interface - I don't know).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden