Re: LYNX-DEV extension languages for Lynx

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV extension languages for Lynx
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 22:28:29 +0000 (GMT)

> If there were some other program that did
> only that, then lynx could merely call it,
> and keep its concerns to only the browsing
> and http etc stuff.

What I think you mean by the browsing stuff is largely covered by the
old CERN library on which Lynx is based.  It is the HTML handling, and
maybe recent things, like cookies, that make Lynx complicated.  The only
time the protocols intrude are when you gateway; but gatewaying is getting
less and less important as people move to a pure HTTP world with remote
gateways.

In other words Lynx IS the HTML formatting stuff.