Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx for OS/390

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx for OS/390
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 13:00:30 -0500 (EST)

> In a recent note, T.E.Dickey said:
>
> > Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 07:17:14 -0500 (EST)
> >
> > I'll take a look this week to see how close it is to applying to the
> > development version - but it sounds like this would be for post-2.8 (or
> > whatever).
> >
> I agree;  it's far from ready for prime time.  OTOH, I'd appreciate
> any critique of my techniques, use of #ifdef, choice of files
> to modify, etc.
will do that - but right now I'm writing a long/complex script for another
project -- just want you to know that I'm not ignoring Lynx.

> > Does this platform run Unix-compatible shell, or is it just a Posix
> > library-compatible interface?
> >
> Posix-conformant shell and utilities.  They're quite proud of being one
> of the first platforms to qualify for Unix trademark.  However, I
> needed to use a port of gmake because OS/390's make failed as below.
> Attempting to treat README.txt as a make description file.  ??!!
Then the configure script in the development version "ought" to run.

> address@hidden:131$
> address@hidden:131$ make os390
> cd WWW/Library/unix; make LYFLAGS="-DUSE_DIRENT -DUNIX  -DDIRED_SUPPORT
> -DLONG_LIST"
> make: ../../README.txt: line 1: Error -- FSUM8232 Expecting macro or rule
> defn, found neither
> FSUM8226 make: Error code 255
> address@hidden:132$
that is a little odd - is it because all ".txt" files are eaten?

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden