Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Forms failure

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Forms failure
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 03:06:15 -0500 (EST)

980316 Ian wrote:
> I've been trying to fill in forms at  www.geocities.com
> using this DOS port of Lynx.  The forms are just not being accepted.

you'll have to tell us exactly where the form occurs at the site
before anyone can offer suggestions (i couldn't find a form there),
also check the source with  \  to see if it's bad HTML;
i do remember a previous thread in 1997 about  geocities :
look in the Archive at  www.flora.org/lynx-dev ,
searchable via  www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/search-archives.html .

> I've read the user agent name of browser can be changed
> to Mozilla, but I've no idea whether this is the problem
> or if I was to change it for Lynx, what syntax to use.

that probably isn't the problem:
some people frown on it, but you could ask again if nothing else works.