Re: lynx-dev LYNX IS ELITIST

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX IS ELITIST
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 06:34:33 -0400 (EDT)

980423 Doug Kaufman wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Foteos Macrides wrote:
> > Eldridge Currie <address@hidden> wrote to me:
> > I just downloaded Lynx2-8.Zip and unzipped it to over 5 Megs
> > of arcane information and directories. After being "bombed"
> > with technical bullshit much too complicated for the average
> > WWW surfer I nuked it.
> It seems that Mr. Currie downloaded the wrong file. "Lynx2-8.Zip" is
> the package for those who wish to compile their own lynx executable.
> A binary file for use on Windows95 has been made available for download
> (actually two different ports are available, one done with a Borland
> compiler and one with the mingw32 compiler).
> For information on the Win95 ports see:
>  http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm

well, most of us feel like Mr Currie at least once in a year
-- tho' not about Lynx, i hope -- ,
so this very polite & sensible reply is the appropriate response.

my only remaining query is why Fote didn't make this reply himself,
instead of burdening lynx-dev regulars with the problem ... (no smile).