Re: lynx-dev LYNX IS ELITIST

From: Filip M Gieszczykiewicz
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX IS ELITIST
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 22:10:40 -0500 (CDT)

You (Matt Ackeret) wrote:
>rest if Eldridge's message:
>===========================
>The LYNX browser will remain "odd man out" as long as it
>is presented to elitist nerds and not the ordinary surfer
>like myself.
>
>I just downloaded Lynx2-8.Zip and unzipped it to over 5 Megs
>of arcane information and directories. After being "bombed"
>with technical bullshit much too complicated for the average
>WWW surfer I nuked it.
>
>I will not be using Lynx until it can be installed on my
>computer in the "user-friendly" way that  Netscape,
>IE and even Mosaic are.

Ahh, we welcome the "great unwashed masses" (read: win95 users)
to lynx-dev with they oh-so constructive comments and the if-you-
don't-hold-my-hand-I'll-bite-it-off mentality. Joy.

Take care.

For the list: I've had the "pleasure" of dealing with Win95 people
to nearly the point of snapping and going "postal"... I don't
see the difference between Win95 user and AOL... no offense to the
developers of said port... you have my prayers.