Re: lynx-dev Patch to 2.8rel2 to accept all cookies

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Patch to 2.8rel2 to accept all cookies
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 19:30:41 -0700

On Thu, Jul 09, 1998, pk <address@hidden> wrote:

> I was starting to get tired of always having to hit 'A' to tell lynx to
> accept cookies that it was offered, so I made up this patch to 2.8rel2 to
> automatically accept all cookies if a commandline switch is given, or an
> option is set in the lynx.cfg or .lynxrc file. If EAT_ALL_COOKIES is set
> to TRUE, or -eat_all_cookies is specified on the commandline, they'll all
> be accepted.

and...

On Thu, Jul 09, 1998, Larry W. Virden, x2487 <address@hidden> wrote:

> Perhaps in 'eat all cookies' mode there should be a cookie monster file
> created that logs what cookies were eaten?

Is it just me, or is there perhaps a bit of terminological
confusion here?  In the Lynx help, "gobbling" cookies refers
to deleting them, right?  I take Larry's use of "eating" to
mean this, while pk's is what I think of as "accepting"
cookies.

Yours for semantic consistency,

--
Michael Warner