Re: lynx-dev Patch to 2.8rel2 to accept all cookies

From: pk
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Patch to 2.8rel2 to accept all cookies
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 17:29:57 -0700

Rob Partington wrote:
> > Hmm, that'd be pretty nice too. I'm not sure how the work is coming along
> > on adding persistent cookies in the dev releases (alas, I think my new
> > WD drive is a little flaky and is munging inodes left and right, but we'll
> > see if playing with hdparm helped), so I'm not sure if I'd be duplicating
> > other people's work if I started hacking on that.
>
> I expect you'll be duplicating mine.  If you want to, go ahead, I have
> no problem with that.  From the comments (or lack of them) I've had
> about the persistent cookie support, it doesn't seem like there's enough
> interest to warrant developing them most of the time.  Still, work is
> progressing, but at the "It's something I want" rate, rather than the
> "It's something people want" rate.

I think persistent cookies are something most people would LIKE, but
aren't really concerned with it enough to mention it to the people who can
take care of it -- at least that's how it is with the other users I know.

I see you've got a patch up on your page for this, I'll take a look at it
and see if I can come up with anything...

-bri

--
Preserve the old, but know the new.
Microbiology Lab:  Staph Only!