Re: lynx-dev [2.8.1dev.24] feature: add lynx.cfg to Info page (was Re: c

From: Roving Reporter
Subject: Re: lynx-dev [2.8.1dev.24] feature: add lynx.cfg to Info page (was Re: color)
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 21:34:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Sinan Kaan Yerli wrote:
>(02/09/1998 10:33) Larry W. Virden:
>>Re: locating 'right' lynx.cfg
>>
>>I seem to recall that the -trace option lists from where cfg and other
>>similar files are being read.

Gee, I just solved my terminal problem.

To rehash it for those who may not remember, I couldn't use my own
preferred editor because I kept getting an error about an unrecognized (??)
terminal type, preventing the editor from spawning for writing an e-mail
from a website link. We're running Lynx 2.7.1 on a SunOS system, which is
known to have some problems.

I was trying to see if -trace would help, but didn't notice anything so I
went into Lynx help and found some other similar items (whatever they're
called...) and one was -term=TERM. I tried starting as lynx -term=vt100,
and then tested on my home page. The test was successful! I was thrilled!

Anyway, hope this helps anyone with a similar problem. I'm curious also
if it says anything to anyone about *why* there was a problem, as I
definitely have set all terminal variables in my shell, and none of *that*
helped. Needless to say, I'll be sharing this with TPTB at Concentric...
* Therese Shellabarger      -     address@hidden *
* http://www.concentric.net/~tlshell/   Shalom chaverot! *
* See Deaf Expo at http://www.deafexpo.org/              *