Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.11

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.11
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 02:18:36 -0400 (EDT)

pre.11 compiled successfully on IRIX 5.3
& presented no problems reading Washington Post
& checking out a long & varied list of interesting URLs.

 2  infelicities which may now not be fixed till 2-8-2 :

(1) DEFAULT_KEYPAD_MODE=LINKS_AND_FORM_FIELDS_ARE_NUMBERED
    is still not settable in  lynx.cfg :
    surely this must be very easy to fix.

(2) Edit Style remains in the Options Help document:
    LP offered to move it to a comment in the source file.

i heard the contrary voices, but still believe we've added enough
to justify calling the new release 2-9 : partial display, options form,
improved print & info screens, config screens ... ;
2-9-1 would then be the planned tidying-up;
we're going to need 2-10 eventually anyway.