Re: lynx-dev INSTALLATION file changes (was: Fix --disable-trace, #inclu

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev INSTALLATION file changes (was: Fix --disable-trace, #includes)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:27:12 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:

> I have Lynx compiled with slang, and I DO get the box characters, including
> the corners.  Your terminfo or termcap description probably don't have them
> defined.  (It's pretty much the same problem you have with colors.)

I think what's meant with "BOXVERT and BOXHORi do not work with slang"
is not that the line drawing characters don't show up if you terminal
happens to support them (in the vt100-ish way); it's rather that the
BOXVERT and BOXHORI definitions cannot be used to disable the vt100-ish
way if it doesn't happen to work for your terminal.

    Klaus