Re: lynx-dev structured description of lynx.cfg settings

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev structured description of lynx.cfg settings
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 18:55:06 +0400 (MSD)

>      * Subject: lynx-dev structured description of lynx.cfg settings
>      * From: Vlad Harchev <address@hidden>
>      * Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 02:38:22 +0500 (SAMST)

>  Here is a patch that contains structured description of lynx.cfg's settings.
> The structured description was based on the comments in distribution's
> lynx.cfg (dev25).
>   All new files this patch adds are installed in 'scripts'.

> See scripts/proto.txt and scripts/README for more information.

>  Here is a file format used in the body.in

>  The description of each section has following structure:

>  OPTNAME
>  Description
>  Default value
>  Samples
>  Further notes on usage
>  See also

This can be a maintenance problem for lynx.cfg future.
Currently we need to add a line into LYReadCFG.c table
and drop a comment into lynx.cfg, now we need to change
in sync several files under scripts/ directory also.

Is it possible to change LYReagCFG.c table format to add
several fields above into that king of structure?
(probably we need an aux program gotten from a separate compilation
of LYReadCFG.c with other options to exclude long text fields
like "description" from a regular lynx binary).
This also adds a portability for non-UNIX lynx ports.