Re: lynx-dev DOS env variables (was: problems for blind users)

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev DOS env variables (was: problems for blind users)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 07:53:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Klaus Peter Wegge wrote:

(quoting me)
> > If your version of lynx was built with PDCURSES (the lynx386 from
> > fdisk is), put the following in your environment:
> > PDCURSES_BIOS=TRUE
> This should go to the documentation.

The question is "which documentation". I think that it is in the blynx
docs. Do we put it in the INSTALLATION file (which most DOS end users
will never see)? The binary that I distribute is built with SLang, so
I don't have it there. This is a similar problem to the docs on how to
install a Win32 binary. It either needs to be put in by whomever is
distributing the binary, or someone needs to sponsor a web page with
the information, so that pointer to the URL can be given.

> But another question: Is the env setting
> set term=vt100
> still secessary for the DJGPP lynx.
> This variable seems to have no effects, except for the telent client.
> If it is not set, lynx (pdcurses) works also fine.
> Is this variable an relict?

>From LYMain.c:
#ifdef DOSPATH
    if (getenv("TERM")==NULL) putenv("TERM=vt100");
#endif
                          Doug
__
Doug Kaufman