Re: lynx-dev Crypto Question

From: Janina Sajka
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Crypto Question
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 15:54:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Ismael Cordeiro wrote:

> Configure doesn't look for SSL. You have to specify its location in
> makefile.in. The way I do is to set SSL_DIR in makefile.in to
> /home/ismael/ssl before configuring.

I think I'm doing this, but I still fail to compile. Here're the relevant
lines from my makefile.in:

SSL_DIR= ~isrd/bin/lynx282
SSL_LIBS= -L$(SSL_DIR)/lib -lssl -lcrypto
SSL_DEFINES= -I$(SSL_DIR)/include -DUSE_SSL

On running make, I fail as follows:

Linking and creating Lynx executable
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\"  -I.  -I..
-Ichrtrans  -I./chrtrans  -I..  -I../src  -I../WWW/Library/Implementation
-I~isrd/bin/lynx282/include -DUSE_SSL -O2  -o lynx  LYClean.o LYShowInfo.o
LYEdit.o LYStrings.o  LYMail.o HTAlert.o GridText.o LYGetFile.o  LYMain.o
LYMainLoop.o LYCurses.o LYBookmark.o LYUtils.o  LYOptions.o LYReadCFG.o
LYSearch.o LYHistory.o  LYForms.o LYPrint.o LYrcFile.o LYDownload.o LYNews.o
LYKeymap.o  HTML.o HTFWriter.o HTInit.o DefaultStyle.o LYLocal.o LYUpload.o
LYLeaks.o LYexit.o LYJump.o LYList.o LYCgi.o LYTraversal.o  LYEditmap.o
LYCharSets.o LYCharUtils.o LYMap.o LYCookie.o LYExtern.o  LYStyle.o LYHash.o
LYPrettySrc.o UCdomap.o UCAux.o UCAuto.o ../WWW/Library/Implementation/libwww.a
 -lcurses  -lnsl -lsocket   -L~isrd/bin/lynx282/lib -lssl -lcrypto
*** Error code 1
*** Error code 1

PS: I've tried using a full path, /helen1/isrd/bin/lynx282 -- but that's
even worse. make barely gets going before I fail on an error that it can't
find /helen1/isrd/bin/lynx282/include -- though it's most assuredly there.

Unless ya'all have a specific suggestion, my next thought is to give up
trying to install to a different location, and just build everything in
the same dir where I want the executable to reside. It's just my old habit
to install from some kind of tmp dir--seems cleaner.