Re: lynx-dev Lynx Windows 4.0? when? - PS

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx Windows 4.0? when? - PS
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 08:37:21 +0000 (GMT)

> Dear Sir or Madam:
> When are we going to drop Lynx 2.8.tweak.fudge.jumper and get lynx-windows
> 4.0 or so?!

When you submit reliable, supportable, changes to the code.  As you can't
even make your mail program create compliant (~70 character) lines,
I think that might take some time.

Note that the code should not greatly increase the size of the executable.

My guess is that most Lynx developers think that there is a point where
people who want non-commercial browsers for Windows are better off using
browsers designed as GUI browsers, like Amaya or Mozilla.